Sunday, August 1, 2010

Big thanks to the wonderful Lynda for suggesting I attend this workshop and for being such a great travelling/sewing companion.
Wow - what a fabulously tiring weekend. Travelled up to North Sydney on Friday night to our accommodation, then up bright and early on Saturday morning. The day started out with a trunk show from Kellie and then in the afternoon we got stuck into the applique side of the project. This photo shows the finished projects (I am second from the right in the back row).



Had drinks and dinner out on Saturday night at a great Thai restaurant in Cammeray (see Corrie's blog for more photos and details). Luckily we slept more soundly on Saturday night, then we were up and at it again Sunday morning. We spent the morning practicing, with Kellie showing us how "easy" it is (NOT). By the afternoon though, it was time to bite the bullet and have a go myself. While I didn't get it all finished, when I look at it now I am relatively pleased with my efforts. Not the quality of Kellie's work, but hey practice . . . practice . . . practice!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment